Solutions Architect - URGENT
- Reference: MB/PS/SA01
- Location: London
- Salary: £400 - £460 per day
- Job type: Interim (Temporary)
- Sector: IT
- Date posted: 09/07/2012
Large financial client is looking for multiple technology Solutions Architects across all disciplines of IT.
The role is to coordinate the production and delivery of design artefacts for the area to ensure they meet the agreed Group standards. To assist IT and the business to shape appropriate architectural assets which are relevant and fit the future needs of the business.
Business Acumen (Judgement)
- Creation and maintenance of cost centre/budgets within personal control.
- Scans and assesses the external business and industry environment, scanning to benchmark and generate new ideas.
- Understands the economics of our business and uses this knowledge to inform decisions.
- Deals with immediate challenges without losing focus on the bigger picture.
- Uses strong external networks within industry or profession to understand the external landscape.
- Identifies appropriate commercial opportunities.
- Identifies, escalates and manages threats and opportunities.
- Considers potential threats in relation to business decisions.
- Provides well-informed advice, typically on more than one topic, taking steps to ensure that it is properly understood and appropriately exploited, to enhance the effectiveness of significant activities.
Emerging Technology Monitoring (Execution)
- Monitors the market to gain knowledge and understanding of currently emerging technologies. Identifies new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products based on own area of expertise, assesses their relevance and potential value to the organisation, contributes to briefings of staff and management.
Information Management (Execution)
- Takes responsibility for the accessibility, retrievability and protection of information. Provides advice on the transformation of information from one format/medium to another, where appropriate. Maintains and implements information handling procedures. Ensures the availability, integrity and searchability of information through the application of formal data structures and protection measures. Identifies and complies with relevant organisational policies and procedures, taking responsibility for assessing and managing risks around the use of information. Ensures that information is presented effectively.
Insight & Solutions (Judgement) - Advanced
- Identifies trends and root causes of issues.
- Generates a range of options and clear rationale for recommendations.
- Utilises analytical skills using numeric and non numeric data.
- Review, analyse and generate Management Information.
- Makes sound decisions based on previous experience and thorough analysis of external and internal implications.
- Evaluates issues from a range of stakeholder perspectives
Solution Architecture (Execution)
- Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas. Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products. Within a business change programme, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available. Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
Systems Design (Execution)
- Recommends/designs structures and tools for systems which meet business needs. Delivers technical visualisation of proposed applications for approval by customer and execution by system developers. Translates logical designs into physical designs, and produces detailed design documentation. Maps work to user specification and removes errors and deviations from specification to achieve user-friendly processes.
Technical Specialism (Execution)
- Maintains knowledge of specific technical specialisms, provides detailed advice regarding their application and executes specialised tasks. The specialism can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area.
If this role is of interest, please call me on 01628 408155 or send me an up to date CV via the link.
Sorry, this job is no longer avialable.