Registered Manager - Fostering Services - Basildon
- Reference: 33350 SW HSTR
- Location: Basildon
- Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + + benefits
- Job type: Fixed Term Contract
- Sector: Social Work / Care / Housing
- Date posted: 03/08/2012
Registered Manager - Fostering Services - Basildon, Essex
This is an exciting opportunity to join this well-established, award-winning, professional independent fostering services company. The company works on a large geographical scale with local authorities, placing vulnerable children and young people.
This is initally an interim role with a strong possibility of becoming a permanent position.
The responsibilities of the role are to:
- Develop and manage all aspects of fostering services in the registered company
- Undertake strategic planning and business development, building relationships with external stakeholders and local authorities
- Develop new business and fostering resources within the business
- Accountable for achievement of individual and business financial targets
- Lead and develop a team of qualified social workers and non-qualified staff, also ensuring that foster carers are trained within the region
- Ensure that the region has a provision of 24 hour professional support for foster careers and that an effective out-of-hours placement is available for customers
- Work within the company's policies and procedures and national guidelines, ensuring that national Minimum Standards and Statute are adhered to
- Deliver a high quality of service balanced with achievement of commercial targets
Applicants will have the following:
- Recent experience working within fostering services for children and in a statutory children's safeguarding setting as a Registered Manager
- Qualified Social Worker qualification Dip SW or CQSW and current registration with GSCC
- A degree and relevant management qualification NVQ level 5 or equivalent is desirable
- Be flexible to work outside office hours at times
For more information, please contact Helen Strafford .email@example.com
or 0161 274 8741 quoting the job reference number.
Sorry, this job is no longer avialable.