Quantity Surveyor - Healthcare projects
- Reference: PCK392-62261
- Location: London
- Salary: Competitive salary + benefits
- Job type: Permanent
- Sector: Construction / Engineering
- Date posted: 31/05/2012
Capita Symonds Health is expanding its team to include a small professional services team to help deliver a series of projects for clients in the South East. Key clients are based in Kent, Sussex and London and projects are delivered through a series of ongoing framework agreements and individual commissions.. The professional services team will lead on individual projects and provide to support to the project managers on multi-disciplinary projects. Projects will range in size from £10,000 to £2m.
The successful QS will work as part of project management and multi-disciplinary professional team managing a range of property and strategic estates related management services to healthcare clients. From time to time you may be asked to support development projects.
Working closely with other CSH staff you will be responsible for managing and/or assisting in the planning and delivery of selected commissions within the range of CSH client portfolio. This will include the development of schemes through diagnosis, gap analysis and plan, delivery, embedded support and ongoing delivery or outsource. Your main responsibilities will include:
• Estimating and cost planning
• Production of feasibility studies and estimates from minimal design information, through to detailed cost plans
• Preparation of tender documentation packages
• Measurement of BQ's etc
• Completion of contract documents
• Post contract works
• Negotiation to final accounts
• Interfacing with the client and other consultants
• Required to monitor the costs of projects and their progress in relation to the programme
• Observe Health & Safety provision in the working environment
• Negotiations with contractors to establish budgets
• Full contractual advice pre and post contract to other design team members and clients
• Settlement of final account packages including negotiation of claims
• Contribute to the achievement of CSH' overall business plan through fee earning to set annual targets set.
• Ensure final scheme quality of projects delivered to time and profit.
• Implementation and provision of high quality consultancy advice and estate solutions.
Sorry, this job is no longer avialable.