- Reference: 30693A SC HSTR
- Location: Tower Hamlets
- Salary: £25000 per annum + benefits
- Job type: Fixed Term Contract
- Sector: Health Care, Social Work / Care / Housing
- Date posted: 11/09/2012
Project Manager - Tower Hamlets, East London
This is an exciting opportunity to join this registered charity as a Project Manager. The position is a fixed-term contract position for at least 4 months.
This charity is a leading organisation supporting people with learning disabilities, employing 600 people and working with 100 partnerships such as local authorities and voluntary organisations.
The responsibilities of the role are to:
- Work with the Service Manager to manage the day to day operations of a short break respite service for adults with learning disabilities
- Develop a broad range of activities which may focus on educational, cultural, leisure or therapeutic themes
- Ensure high standards of care are delivered for all residents and adherence to care plans
- Lead, motivate and develop a team, dealing with any shortfalls in performance
- Recruit and train new staff
- Achieve all business targets such as occupancy, quality of service and financial performance
- Ensure that CQC standards and organisational procedures are followed
- Ensure Health and Safety and legal obligations are met
- Develop relationships with the local community and third party organisations to improve service-user circumstances
- Promote and market the service to increase and ensure a good reputation is maintained
- Ensure all records are maintained and up-to-date
Successful applicants will have:
- Recent management experience within a similar care provider and with adults with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and autism, including people who cannot use speech to communicate
- NVQ level 4
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act 2000
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- The ability to prioritise, ensuring all policies and legal obligations are adhered to, whilst maintaining a high level of care
- A clear CRB and satisfactory references
This position offers a competitive salary package. The company is committed to investing in on-going training, ensuring its staff's on-going professional career development.
For more information please contact Helen Strafford at Capita on 0161 274 8741 or .email@example.com
Sorry, this job is no longer avialable.