Performance & Capacity Specialist
- Reference: AP/ITIN/Perf
- Location: Leeds
- Salary: £350.00 - £450.00 per day
- Job type: Interim (Temporary)
- Sector: IT
- Date posted: 25/06/2012
A rare & exciting opportunity for an experience Performance & Capacity Specialist to join the health division of this prestigious FTSE 100 for a 6 - 9 month contract.
Key Responsibilities include:-
• Support the Infrastructure & BAU Managers in the identification, investigation and resolution of varied technical issues.
• Act as the owner of the Capacity Plan, including defining the scope and approach to capacity planning and ensuring engagement from various technical teams to the ongoing updating and usage of plan.
• Maintain an understanding of future products being deployed to the site, both in regards of code and code performance
• Input effectively into architectural decisions during the release cycle ensuring they are compatible with current standards and performance requirements.
• Actively maintain, improve and implement the performance testing of site in both pre-release proactive testing and subsequent live site investigation.
• Identify and drive performance improvements, ensuring full visibility of progress and impact/improvements of the applied changes
• Support the process of non-functional testing and analysis.
• Work with other technical teams to assist in the architecture of future solutions, sharing knowledge of system deficiencies and potential benefits analysis
• Maintain the Problem Wiki to ensure all points of interest and investigation are carried in a timely fashion to acceptable high standards, with excellent knowledge sharing.
The successful individual will have strong experience of performance & capacity management, experience of load / stress testing and an advanced understanding of multi-server / n-tier deployment & management practices ie. large scale web deployments. Knowledge of application / environment monitoring applications such as SCOM / Splunk is also necessary. A good understanding of .NET framework utilising C# and ASP.net would be beneficial.
Sorry, this job is no longer avialable.