M&E Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Reference: PCK392-64513
- Location: London
- Salary: Competitive salary + benefits
- Job type: Permanent
- Sector: Construction / Engineering
- Date posted: 12/07/2012
Performing a key role in the M&E cost management team, you will have responsibility for management of M&E biased projects mainly within the Commercial sector with specific focus towards Investment Banking and data centres.
Projects are mainly London centric but management of client's portfolio will require travel.
Ideally, you will be client facing and able to build and manage relationships with key client stakeholders.
As a Senior Surveyor, you will provide surveying services for projects and clients and will take an active role in developing fee income and business development.
On a daily basis, you will be responsible for carrying out a wide range of duties to enable the Surveying team to provide the highest level of service is provided to the project / team. This could include:Project/Technical:
- Taking responsibility for the full cost management of projects from inception to completion
- Ensuring contracts are administered correctly, reducing risks for both Northcroft and the client, including QM procedures
- Liaising and building relationships with colleagues
- Regularly updating senior management on the progress of projects and provide high quality information to assist the business in decision-making
- Taking a brief from clients, acting upon it and producing best practice solutions for the clients
- Gaining the confidence of the client and become the focal point for communication
- Actively pursuing and encouraging others to recognize potential business leads.
- Runing projects independently
- Taking responsibility for managing a job to a value of between £10m and £30m in construction value.
- Contributing to bids and proposals and client interviews
- Demonstrating good knowledge of clients, competitors, client care policy
- Attending networking events
- Seeking out potential business development opportunities or leads and either follow through or inform senior management
- Mentoring and supporting trainees and graduates in their professional development
- Undertaking supervisor role as required for RICS/APC training
It goes without saying that you will be an expert within the M&E field, an articulate, skilled and savvy negotiator with outstanding people skills.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Come and join our thriving team and see how far we can help you grow.
For more information, please call Vicky Thorburn in the Capita Symonds recruitment team on 0845 607 5185
Sorry, this job is no longer avialable.