- Reference: AP/ITIN EO
- Location: Shepton Mallet
- Salary: £13000.00 - £16000.00 per annum
- Job type: Permanent
- Sector: Accountancy / Financial
- Date posted: 21/02/2012
Capita Local Government Services (LGS), a branch of Capita Business Services Ltd, specialises in providing support, advice and resources to local authorities throughout the UK. Our expertise lies in offering a portfolio of skills to guarantee the handling of a range of local authority services effectively and efficiently.
An opportunity has arisen for a talented and ambitious individuals to join our LGS Financial Services team, reporting to the Accounts Receivable Senior, to play a key role in delivering high quality business support process services to our customers. As well as providing a challenging and rewarding role, it will also provide an excellent stepping stone to future career progression.
The posts will undertake and assist with a wide variety of duties including:
• Raising invoices to customers for income due
• Producing reminders and assisting with debt recovery for accounts receivable
• Processing of payments received into the service centre
• Following BACs processes
• Reconciliations of monies received
• Dealing with account queries from staff and customers
• Assisting with production of information used to complete returns to government departments and other third parties
• Providing support and cover to the team with other functions as required.
As Exchequer Officer you should have strong Excel skills, good customer service & administration background, ideally some exposure to general accounts administration. Strong communication & accurate data entry skills are important, minimum of Grade C GCSE in Maths & English is essential.