Desktop Technical Lead
- Reference: CG-ITIN-13600
- Location: Cheltenham
- Salary: £24000 - £26000 per annum + Benefits
- Job type: Permanent
- Sector: IT
- Date posted: 13/06/2012
Capita, FTSE 100 and leading Business Process Outsourcer, is seeking an experienced Desktop Technical Lead to join their Desktop Services Unit in Cheltenham to undertake the following:
- Day to day resolution of desktop support issues for a user base of approx 1000 users based onsite in Cheltenham,
- To cover BAU tasks and to respond to requests for support that have been logged by the service desk within a Microsoft Windows Environment, to provide an effective interface between users and service providers as and when needed including commercial suppliers where applicable, to provide install, configure and upgrade hardware when needed.
- Manage the call management system on a daily basis to ensure that the calls are resolved within SLA, and act as an escalation point in the absence of the line manager
The role will also include project work which will include overseeing Installs, Moves and changes through to completion.
In addition provide effective third line level desktop support for all areas of the business and also provide cover for other satellite offices when needed, delivering a focused client service experience through ad-hoc troubleshooting and problem solving for end user queries .
Also need to provide desktop support on site and at other sites within the South West region. Although the role is based in Cheltenham, will be asked to provide cover at other locations within reasonable travelling distance. For this reason a driving license is essential.
Furthermore co-ordinate activities for colleagues within your team along with providing guidance to the team on any difficulties or situations that may occur in the absence of the Line Manager, also to make decisions of implementing plans of a project or job
So seeking applications with the following experience and skills:
•Previous experience of desktop support
•Good technical knowledge of MS products, operating systems, and applications.
•Basic LAN / WAN support experience.
•Active Directory Domain administration.
•Knowledge of McAfee products.
•Hardware & software installation experience.
•Good fault diagnosis skills
• Proven ability to technically lead a team
• Ability to troubleshoot problems and get to the root cause of complex technical desktop issues
•Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and effective communication.
•Demonstrate good customer care skills.
•Demonstrate a good level of technical capability and knowledge.
•Demonstrate effective problem resolution skills.
•Proactive contribution to Service Improvement initiatives.
•Willingness to work flexibly and at other locations as and when required.
•Ensure that the contracted support hours are appropriately covered
•Work effectively with other resolving agents within Desktop Services and within IT Services as a whole.
•Able to supervise junior members of an onsite team effectively
•Prioritize the workload of the junior members of the team
•Effective call resolution
•Timely and effective problem resolution and fault diagnosis.
•Ability to motivate people
•Skills to build good relationships with members
And ideally experience with any of the following but not essential:
•Good knowledge of LANDesk V8.
•Internet /Comms knowledge.
•Commvault backup solution
•Citrix client configurations
If interested apply now to avoid disappointment! Applicants may be asked to go through CRB checks if successful.
Sorry, this job is no longer avialable.