- Reference: ITP00870
- Location: City of London
- Job type: Interim (Temporary)
- Sector: IT
- Date posted: 26/09/2012
An excellent opportunity for a Database Administrator to join a leading UK energy company on a contract basis. This is a key project in allowing London and the rest of the UK to develop a low carbon economy.
Applications are sought from those with the following experience:
- 2 -3 years IT operation experience (either IT- or business-side) with a sound understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- SQL language experience - some aspects of the role will entail developing simple bespoke SQL queries/scripts
- Ideally, at least 1 years Microsoft SQL Server experience - the role will entail using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Ideally, sufficient Microsoft Access experience to be able to import/export data and do queries such as combining data between tables, matching data or finding unmatched records. Some Access-based 'helper' utilities have been developed and will need to be used.
- Ideally, OSISoft PI experience, including Process Book and its ad-hoc data import/export tools.
- Ideally, Electricity Distribution Network experience and, in particular, understanding of the nature of component/connectivity models. An engineering slant would be an advantage.
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
- Experience with data management and data processing
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
Sorry, this job is no longer avialable.