Clinical Governance Officer
- Reference: MK/ITIN/13536
- Location: Purley
- Salary: £35000 - £42000 per annum + Benefits
- Job type: Permanent
- Sector: Health Care, Operations
- Date posted: 08/06/2012
Clinical Governance Officer- UK Leading FTSE 100 Organisation.
Capita Health and Wellbeing is an amalgamation of a number of leading businesses in the Health & Wellbeing space. The International Assistance Operation, based in Purley, is responsible for providing travelers with practical advice and help in the event that they become ill or injured whilst they are abroad.
The role of the Clinical Governance Officer sits within the medical team and is responsible for Clinical Governance across the assistance operation. This will include clinical quality audits and recording, clinical training in conjunction with the Chief Nursing Officer, as well as clinical complaints analysis and resolution. A crucial part of the role is to ensure the operation is kept fully up to date with current best practice and procedures ensuring clinical activity is in line with expectations and that personnel operate in line with Capita's policies and procedures. The role holder will be required to work closely with the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Nursing Officer on training/governance issues and to develop and promote seamless case management and a high quality aviation medicine service.
In addition, part of the role will be to provide direct administrative support to the Chief Medical Officer, helping to arrange, and attending meetings across a broad spectrum of professional activity. Responsibilities include:
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- Develop & maintain clinical training material
- Own the clinical governance framework within the operation to ensure it is always fit for purpose and drives best practice
- Develop & maintain appropriate Quality checking and auditing tools for Case Management
- Support the development of key relationships as required
- Work closely with the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Nursing Officer and Head of Operations to ensure standards are maintained
- Ensure any gaps in IA's processes are addressed or relayed to the appropriate persons or areas
- Keeping up to date with clinical, industry, business knowledge and all aspects of service requirements to ensure clients receive the highest quality advice, guidance, support, direction and clinical care
- Share experience, knowledge and expertise with clinical and operational colleagues, ensuring the business receives the information necessary to achieve objectives and provide a seamless service
- To provide formal direction on agreed clinical procedures
- Provide continuous recommendations for improvements to the quality of the services provided
- To act as an ambassador for the operation proactively liaising with the clients and associated service providers
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant CRB and reference checks
- Registered nurse/doctor with current registration desirable
- Proven experience of developing and maintain training material in a clinical environment
- In-depth understanding of clinical governance frameworks in private and public organizations with experience in developing, implementing and managing these frameworks
- Understanding of the International Assistance proposition and the range of its service offerings is an advantage.
- Experience in motivating, developing and appraising individuals to deliver a high standard of service
- Advanced interpersonal skills including facilitation, negotiation and coaching
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team and provide leadership
- Ability to provide effective solutions to problems, to look at the bigger picture and act on facts not feelings
Sorry, this job is no longer avialable.