Change and Communications Assistant Manager
- Reference: CIPHERL00506
- Location: City of London
- Job type: Interim (Temporary)
- Sector: Government Interims
- Date posted: 07/09/2012
Capita are currently recruiting for a Change and Communications Assistant Manager to join a central government department on a contract basis. This role is based in London. The post holder will support work to raise to engagement levels through various communications channels; develop stakeholder management plans, establish working relations with appropriate stakeholder networks, providing progress reporting and management briefing to senior members of staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Liaise with stakeholders / customers to provide support, advice and guidance on engagement • Prepare material to facilitate effective and efficient communication of key messages to support the business and strategy • Support improvement in the ICT department intranet • Work closely with the Corporate Communications and others to ensure the smooth design, implementation and delivery of engagement activity • Effective management of communications to support the wider business plan, particularly process improvement, professionalism and stakeholder engagement • Ensure that knowledge transfer to civil servants, in relation to engagement, is part of day-to-day activities
Outputs and Deliverables to be Achieved
• Development of specific communication products as required (eg. guides, desk aids, training materials, PowerPoint presentations etc) • Establish working relations with appropriate stakeholder networks to support the engagement and communications approach • Draft articles for various in-house and external newsletters and journals and intranet content • Provide communications support to managers, including the process improvement initiative and professionalism programme • Manage internal communications within the team • Support training workshops and the production of training materials • Progress reporting and management briefing • Contribute to the arrangements and attend meetings with stakeholders
Skills and Experience Required
• Demonstrate strong customer focus and be able to take personal responsibility for delivering a range of communications products, ensuring appropriate follow through and delivery • Experience of managing intranet activities / processes • Excellent written and verbal communications skills and able to translate complex technical information into simple and easy to understand messages • Recent experience of working in significant organisational change • Good interpersonal and networking skills with ability to influence at all levels in a large and diverse group. • Capable of forming strong relationships and working in partnership across boundaries
Sorry, this job is no longer avialable.