- Reference: EB020
- Location: City of London
- Job type: Permanent
- Sector: Purchasing & Procurement
- Date posted: 10/08/2012
My client, a well known fashion retailer are looking to recruit a
Buyers to join their busy procurement teams in London and Cardiff.
- To develop the product ranges and presentation in line with agreed product strategy, brand and store values, ensuring the ranges represent the agreed image and value levels.
- Utilising historic data and trends plan and implement the product strategy for areas in conjunction with the Merchandiser to meet the agreed sales and margin objectives.
- Working with the Sourcing Manager/Sourcing Trainee Manager develop the plan implementation of the strategy for intake margin growth assuring security of supply/risk assessment fully incorporated.
- Drive the front end product development strategy and implementation cross functionally ensuring progress of sampling/fabric/pricing in line with dates required for progress and sign off meeting, i.e. all elements of range planning/range development
- Ensure range plans, product brief, design brief, fabric brief, fit sessions, colour issue etc. are completed in full to agreed dates within the critical path and are progressed effectively internally and externally.
- Ensure amendments to any aspects of point 5 are communicated effectively and in full internally and externally.
- To develop products and presentation of suitable promotional and "deal" products in line with plan within the range planning process.
- Working with Design, Visual Merchandising and Marketing ensure effective planning and implementation of window strategy/visuals/photography, range manuals, layout guidelines etc.
- Ensure process of continuous review of product performance and trends to maximise sales and margin on season and forward, and appropriate action taken
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of the stores/competition/opportunities/threats etc through store visits and detailed market study ongoing.
- In areas required, provide effective management, evaluation and development of the supplier base.
Previous experience or buying in a fashion retail enviroment is essential.
- Support and coaching of line reports - ensuring training roles have full structured training/development plan
- Manage costs in line with agreed budgets and generally within guidelines.
Sorry, this job is no longer avialable.