- Reference: ITIN/12835/NW
- Location: Bristol
- Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum
- Job type: Permanent
- Sector: IT
- Date posted: 09/05/2012
WPF/ ASP.NET Developer
Our company is a specialist insurance broker within the Capita Group selling insurance predominantly to schools and care homes. The company includes a professional development team that delivers software to the business.
We are looking for an experienced developer to work as part of our software development team producing and maintaining medium to large scale ASP.Net applications using C#, Visual Studio and Sql Server. The Windows software we develop is used internally by our business as well as by our partner companies. The Asp.Net websites we develop are a mixture of brochure ware and fully interactive sites used by our clients. The team is moderately sized and the work is varied. We use an Agile methodology supported by Team Foundation Server.
Successful candidate will need to undertake CRB and Credit checks
Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities of job
•Creation of technical specifications based on the user requirements gathered by the business analysts
•Design and develop code in all tiers of the application from the UI to the Database
•As required create and manage the database scheme and stored procedures
•Have input into UI design
•Write and perform unit tests inside Visual Studio
•Author technical documentation regarding areas of the application that the developer is responsible for.
•Give any other input into the application design or functionality as appropriate.
Essential Job related experience, qualifications and skills:
• Substancial commercial C# .Net experience
• Hands on development knowledge of .Net 4
• ASP.Net experience is essential
• SQL Server 2005\2008 - including creation of schema and stored procedures
• Entity Framework
• Infragistics WPF controls
• commercial WPF or Silverlight experience
• Microsoft Patterns and Practices Prism
• Unity or other IoC container
• Expression Blend
• MVVM design pattern
• ASP.Net MVC
• Agile development
• Automated unit testing
• Insurance industry experience, especially with regards to policy management.
Sorry, this job is no longer avialable.